Foamex and Corex printing
Suitable for indoor and outdoor use, we recommend the 5mm thickness for most uses, unless the signs are being screwed to a wall or board. We can also supply corner posts or an invisible ‘floating’ hanging frame if required. Contact us for details and prices.
We can also print on 10mm Foamex, print on both sides and even cut your printed boards to shape so please CONTACT US for prices or instructions. We print on other finishes such as wood, acrylic, cardboard and dibond aluminium too so if you can’t find what you’re looking for here just ask.
Corex, Foamex or Foamcore?
Are you confused about what each of these materials is, or what it’s best used for? We explain Foamex, Corex and Foamboard.
Corex board is a durable, corrugated plastic weatherproof material ideally suited to outdoor temporary signage. It’s most popular useage is for Estate Agent boards although it’s equally well suited for exhibition and shop displays and general low-cost signage.
- Our Corex boards are printed directly onto the surface using UV stable inks
- Corrugated plastic means it is lightweight and durable
- We offer a range of finishing options including cut to size or cut to shape
- Can be tied or nailed to posts, fences or can be stuck onto any surface
- Corex is economical – cheaper than many other forms of sign, but just as durable
Foamex is a rigid board that uses high-density compressed PVC, making it sturdy and lightweight. It has a smooth finish making it perfect for high quality graphics. Foamex signs are popular for exhibition displays, signs, in store promotions, information boards, event signage, shop signs and much more.
- Foamex Board is a very strong and rigid material
- Our Foamex boards are printed directly onto the surface, not stuck on vinyl like some inferior versions
- Foamex has a smooth silk finish, meaning print quality is superb
- Foamex won’t rot or swell
- Foamex can be cut into any shape you require.
- Foamex Board can be screwed to walls, post mounted, hung with Velcro or hung in a frame
- Our Foamex panels come in all the popular A sizes as well as being able to custom print any size you want.
- Available in 3 thickness’s: 3mm, 5mm or 10mm (contact us for 10mm prices)
- Foamex is weather proof so is perfect for outdoor use.
Foamcore or Foam board is a lightweight, and easily cut material used for the mounting of photographic prints, as backing in picture framing, in 3D design, and in painting. It is also referred to as “Paper-faced Foam Board”. It consists of three layers – an inner layer of polystyrene foam clad with outer facing of either a white claycoated paper or brown kraft paper. Foamcore is a very fragile and easily damaged product, particularly at the corners where a small knock can cause destruction of the inner polystyrene foam.
Foamcore board is still regularly used as backing for picture framing and in architectural or engineering-based model making. Although once very popular for indoor signage, its fragility means it is less likely to be seen used in this way now.
Although if you specifically require Foamcore board printing we can do it for you, generally we no longer print onto Foamcore board as it has been almost entirely replaced by Foamex, which is much harder wearing and gives a higher quality finish. The finished product is far superior at roughly the same cost.
We can also print on 10mm Foamex, and print on both sides of the board, so please CONTACT US for prices.
For print on dibond aluminium, wood cardboard, acrylic, canvas, fabric and plenty more or to ask us about other finsihes if you can’t find what you’re looking for please EMAIL your requirements for a quote.
Corex is also known as Correx